Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

Monday, March 14, 2011

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Our 15 year-old fan and an avid reader shares her thoughts on “Little Women”

Genre: Drama

Our Say: - Wonderful read for early teenagers

My Favourite Book





Books are our companions. They are always with us. Whenever I am alone, frightened or sad I read a book and after finishing it I am happy again.  I have many books but ‘Little Women’ is my favourite book. The author is Louisa May Alcott In this book there are four sisters, Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy. Their father is in the army and at the present is fighting in the Civil War. The family is not too well in financial matters. The story is about the four sisters who lead interesting lives despite of their problems. They and their friend Laurie who lives next door are the main characters. Their love, sadness, enjoyment and fear of their father, Mr. March is set so beautifully in the book that readers will find themselves feeling what the March girls feel.



The movie Little Women (1994) is based on  the book

This is my favourite book because this book helps me understand my duties to my siblings and parents. Mrs. March is a very kindly person who always takes the right decision. She not only gives her daughters but me too good advice.  There are many situations in the book which girls face. The book helps me be aware and tells me the decision I should take in such situations.

Archita Mitra

No comments:

Post a Comment